brat style motorcycle honda cb360 1976 bik nos bottle stretched extended swing arm




Monday, March 16, 2015

Currently under re-do

Sorry for the lack of content.  

Currently undergoing re-do.  Thanks for visiting.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

R/R from

Its been a while ago.  I got a new R/R from  
So, while I got some time to kill waiting for my Mufflers and Bromz to start his build.

I decided to re-wire the bike, including new battery cables, install the R/R, new Starter solenoid, make new a battery tray and basically tidy things up under the seat.  As well as, replace the bar end mirror.   I broke, while trying to fix.   And drain and replace fork oil.

R/R from
The R/R rated output is 180 watts.
The stock Honda system only offers 110watts.
For a few extra bucks Matt will include the correct plug for your system.  To make installation a snap.
Got her fired up.
Found her charging steady 12.5vdc @ 1200rpm, and hitting 13+vdc twixed 2-3krpm
Stock system would discharge battery, 11.3vdc @1200.

While wiring her up I got curious to find out what the amp draw of my lighting system is now w all these leds + halogen headlight.  So I hooked up the Fluke and tested for amperage.  

I was delighted to find with ALL lights on (running, license plate, brake lit, high beam, turn signal flashing and stock gauge lights) She pulls 3.108 amps or 37.3 watts.  So, there should be plenty left to charge the coils.
I dont know what a stock lighting system draws.

I picked up and plan to replace the old gauge bulbs w brighter leds from sparckmoto.

I think they only require 1 watt a piece.
Everything came out pretty tidy under seat.
Had to cut a tab off new mirror, but was more or less easy bolt up.
Now time for a nap.  Bromz should arrive about 2:00 pm.


Monday, January 19, 2015

Go to guy....Dave Quinn

I just went for a ride on the Hagon shocks, I got from Dave Quinn.

WOW, its like riding a whole different machine.

Dave is your go to guy for just about any suspension need.

Not only does he build custom Hagons for CB360s.  
Dude builds shocks for just about any bike out there.  From Harley to Moto Guzzi to Nortons and Triumphs and more.  If you dont see your machine on his him.

He custom builds,  Mono shocks and rare model replicas too.

Best part of this whole experience...

Dave has answered his phone everytime I call.  

He's been building Hagons for 28 years now.  He will work w you to get the performance you need. USA Hagon distributor.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Hagon shocks from Dave Quinn

The UPS man dropped off the new Hagon shocks!  I ordered these babies from a great guy, Dave Quinn.

Dude is a pleasure to work with. It took a couple emails to get the requirements sorted out. He was very quick to get back to me. And knows a hell of a lot more about shocks than I ever want to. He offers several different styles and you can mix and match parts chrome/black to suit.

Hes got common use shocks already assembled and ready to ship OR, At no extra cost. Dave builds them according to what you need. 

     They arrived w the proper size eye/clevis setup for my 360. He takes into account the weight of the bike and rider/passenger. Riding style and preference.

He wants you to be happy the first try.

We are starting out w a firmer spring/damper. To account for the added leverage of the longer swingarm. Hopefully we got them right the first time. However, if something needs adjusted, I can send them back to him, for fine tuning.

Will go for a test ride tomorrow.  Temps have been in the 40s for a couple days now.  But, the inch of ice covering the roads is melting off and drying out nicely, now.  

Cant wait to feel this improvement.

Friday, November 14, 2014


I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived home yesterday, to find a package labeled , sitting on the kitchen counter.

2 pairs of brand new aftermarket slipper/tensioners I ordered had arrived!

Matt, at has been working extensively w his manufacturer to bring us the highest quality product at an affordable price.  They look awesome.

Also, a note about the R&D taking place behind the scenes.   These have been tested in real world application by a few members of DTT.  Who painstakingly installed them into their own bikes, riding the piss out of them and then pulling them from the engines for inspection.  Providing written and photographic feedback to Matt.  After trying a couple different types of materials, he was able to pinpoint the best materials of the bunch and now they can be yours, at a very affordable price.

I compared them against my own pair of NOS slipper/tensioner.  they are virtually identical.  Except for the addition of alignment grooves cast into the face of the slippers.  Matt, told me the addition of the grooves, aid in keeping the chain centered on the face of the blade.  Because, the material used is much more resistant to chain wear and tear, than the originals.

+1, I think this is a good idea.

Pictured from top to bottom.
Top, NOS, (New old stock) pair.
Center, New Aftermarket from
Bottom, New pair still sealed in package.
Thanks bud, Keep up the good work.

Get yours now at


Sunday, December 1, 2013

Honda CB360 oil pickup, possible failure and fix

"Parking angle affects engine lubrication." 

If you click the images they should enlarge for easier reading

After looking through the pics I took of my engine rebuild.  I have the bad one installed in my engine right now.

So made the long journey down to my local ebay.  and viola!  $11.99 later.  I got the updated version on its way to my door. 

Thursday, August 2, 2012

before pics.

My brother sent me a couple before shots of the machine.  I didnt know he had.  he took em right after he picked her up...before he dropped it off in my driveway.

My FAVE the duct tape seat...spray painted black.